Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thoughts Thursday: What Thoughts Hold You Back From Your Goals?



When you go through your day, do you think about the thoughts that weigh you down and prevent you from being the best you can be?

It is natural for all of us to worry about something. Being trapped inside your skull with only yourself as company is an issue when it comes to self-perception and your place in the universe can be quite a problem. Now imagine needing that mind to create amazing things and yet you're paralyzed into doing nothing but clicking on the next YouTube video and waiting for "inspiration" to strike.

Let's be honest: You're avoiding something.

How do you tackle the thoughts holding you back from your goals?

There are many ways to do it, and that's all right. The beauty of having the experience is that there are many ways to live life, but there are a few parameters you want to keep in mind when you are doing this:

  1. You must be honest with yourself about the thought limiting your skills. If you aren't honest, you'll never achieve the creative level you want.
  2. You must be willing to "bleed" for this salvation. It seems a little extreme, and I can understand why it would. This idea is a festering wound. In order to receive healing, you must open it up again and really clean it out.
  3. You are willing to let it go. There are times I thought my limiting beliefs were the ones that defined me. If I didn't have (x), then I wouldn't be me anymore so I had to hold onto it.
  4. You are willing to go to the next thought. Remember, this is a small branch attached to a larger tree at times. You might need to break out the ax and start swinging.

What was your limiting belief that stopped your creativity?

That's a very good question, and I won't bore you with the long journey I took to get to this point. I went through a lot to get where I was today, and the perceptions on what I thought twisted my mind and blackened my heart. After suffering through abuse (both sexual and mental) and manifesting some monstrous abilities (the wounded soul lurking in the dark), I decided it was enough.

The first thought was why I couldn't hold onto money. When I was really honest with myself, I found the branch that led to a very large and very dark tree. The branches were twisted, turned, filled with knots and holes, and scared the living daylights out of me. Was I really that bundled in my emotions?

I really was.

People appeared in my life at that point to help me with certain aspects. When I dealt with more limbs, I found more help. When I accepted things and rejected others, more opportunities flowed and allowed me to really dig deep. I even threatened to walk away from it all, and then the chance to learn something comprehensive and understand what I was really walking away from reared its head.

And then I stood out on the Santa Cruz pier last Saturday (April 20th, 2013 for those of you reading IN THE FUTURE!) and realized there was something I hadn't dealt with.

It was multilayered fear and the symbolism of the ocean.

Now I will be more than happy to get into the details on Tuesday, but for now let's say that even the primal fears can indeed have more context and hold you back from being the best you can be.

What can I do to eliminate the limiting fears and maximize my creativity?

There are a few ways to do this, but each person is different. Aside from visiting a therapist, there are other ways to look at and release the limiting fears in your life. EFT is one of them that worked for me. Working with mentors (both professionally and personally) is another. I've purchased a few more tools along the way and I'll break them down in some of these posts in the future.

All it takes is some action, and all you must do is take the first step. You too can maximize your creativity and reduce your limiting fears to become the best you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment